When I talk to someone about the signs from the Universe, receiving messages from the Spirit or connecting to the Higher Realms asking for the guidance and direction, I am often met with confused looks.
I find that many people want to have some kind of confirmation from the Above, but live stuck in the belief that they have to be some kind of “special person” to achieve that, that they have to be one of the “chosen ones”, meditate X amounts of hours a day or have an elaborate spiritual practice in order to receive guidance from the Universal Intelligence.
None of that is true.
We all have the possibility to receive guidance and we all do receive it daily and in every moment. Universe is talking to you, the only thing you have to do is start listening and let go of the fixed expectations of how those messages should make their way into your awareness.
If you are waiting for some kind of mystical experience, an old man with long beard manifesting in front of your eyes giving you suggestions in deep fatherly voice - you’ll probably just end up disappointed and miss out the whole thing.
The first step to enter into the space of Universal Guidance is to open up your perception and get very present and aware of subtle things that pop up into your reality. Be aware of synconicieties, repeating numbers and random words, images, song lyrics etc. that in one way or another, for some unknown reason, catch your attention. And when that happens, do not just write it off as a “fun coincidence”, but embrace it and give thanks to the Universe for establishing the connection with you through that channel. Every time we decide to lean into the sign from Above and follow it all the way through, even though our logical minds can’t quite make sense of it, we strengthen the connection with the Higher Guidance and make it easier for the future messages to come through.
Acknowledging that the coincidences are just the way our rational brain tries to make sense of the stuff that are difficult to grasp from our physical perspective, but that there is a whole much more to it, is one of the most important steps, in my opinion, of strengthening our faith and connection to the Higher Realms (God/Universe) that hold the bigger picture of All-There-Is.
Furthermore, everytime we act upon that Guidance, surrender to its directions and see the wonderful results that follow up, we widen up our awareness to receive future signs that sometimes come in subtle and unobvious ways that often pass unperceived by the mind that is overly attached to the rational view of things.
It took me some time to develop my faith into trusting the signs that I couldn’t explain or see where they’ll take me long-term, but with regular practice and taking leaps of faith, jumping without the certainty that the net will appear - I became better at it and also started to take notes of each time I went along with the signs and how well it turned out at the end.
Here are some ways I talk to the Universe if I am in need of clarity about something:
ASKING FOR A SIGN IN A SPECIFIC FORM
1) Get clear about the question that you want an answer to - ideally it would be a yes/no question and the sign will mean that the answer is positive, but of course you can do it the other way around as well. Just make sure to set a clear intention.
2) Ask the Universe to send you a sign. It can be an image of a pink dog, a certain word or whatever else pops into your mind, just make it sure that you are very specific about the sign you want to receive to avoid the confusion or falling into mind’s trap that it is just a coincidence when the sign appears, ‘cause you chose something that can be seen and encountered very often.
3) Set the deadline. You don’t want to be waiting forever for your sign. Even though time and space we live accordingly to are just illusional and invention of our own in order to make it easier for us function in this world, Universe will adapt to that and send you a sign when you need it. Therefore, set the deadline of whatever amount of time you want. It can be a day, a week, a month. Be specific.
4) Let it go. Once you made the request, let it go and relax into the calm expectation of your sign or absence of the same if the answer to your question is negative. Lean into trust and don’t overobsess or try to push the circumstances to forcefully make the sign jump into your reality.
5) Stay aware of your surroundings and everything that catches your attention for one reason of another. That doesn’t mean being obsessive and overinvested into searching for the sign at every corner. Trust that it will make its way to your awareness without you having to try too hard.
CONVERSATIONS WITH THE SPIRIT
This is the other form of asking for the guidance from above that I heard about somewhere and, although very doubtful, decided to try out and see whether it’ll work.
And it damn well did.
The practice consists of taking a journal or a notebook and asking the question in written form by using your dominant hand. Question can be anything. From the most trivial stuff as “what am I meant to eat for breakfast for my highest wellbeing?” to “What is my life purpose?” You decide how deep you want to go for the day.
I usually start my mornings with this sets of questions from The Course in Miracles: “What would you have me do? Where would you have me go? What would you have me say and to whom?”
After posing the questions, take the pen into your non-dominant hand, place it on the paper, breathe in and settle in your body and see what comes out. You don’t need to think or invent anything, just remain a calm withness of whatever comes up, releasing the need to try to intervene in any way. What would you do with the answers and advice that come up is upon you, but let the Spirit talk freely.
I know it sounds really woo-woo and bullshitty (I felt the same way about this practice before actually starting it) but it works perfectly and accurately that it creeped me out in the beginning.
If any of you have some other tips, advice and experiences on the topic, I’d be more than glad to hear about it!
Lots of love,